I'm a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, working mainly in philosophy of mind and action, moral psychology, and normativity. Before joining Tel-Aviv in 2015, I was a Career Development Fellow at the University of Southampton (UK), and before that a Lecturer at Oxford University, where I completed my D.Phil (PhD) in 2013.
Dr. Yair Levy
Department of Philosophyחוג לפילוסופיה סגל אקדמי בכיר
- 'Disjunctivism about Intending'. American Philosophical Quarterly 58 (2021): 161-178
- 'Events, Processes, and the Time of a Killing'. Ratio 33 (2020): 138-144.
- ‘Evolutionary Debunking Arguments Meet Evolutionary Science’ (co-authored with Arnon Levy). Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 100 (2020): 491-509.
- ‘What is Mental Action?’ Philosophical Psychology 32 (2019): 971-993.
- ‘Constructivism and the Problem of Normative Indeterminacy’. The Journal of Value Inquiry 53 (2019): 243-253.
- 'Is Attending a Mental Process?' Mind & Language 34 (2019): 283-298
- 'Why Cognitivism?’ Canadian Journal of Philosophy 48 (2018): 223-244.
- Does the Normative Question about Rationality Rest on a Mistake?' Synthese 195 (2017): 2021-2038.
- 'The Debunking Challenge to Realism: How Evolution (Ultimately) Matters' (Co-authored with Arnon Levy). Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy, www.jesp.org (2016).
- ‘Action Unified'. Philosophical Quarterly 66 (2015), pp. 65-83.
- 'Normativity and Self-Relations’. Philosophical Studies 172 (2015), pp. 359-374.
- ‘Money Pumps, Diachronic and Synchronic’. Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy, www.jesp.org (2014).
- ‘Intentional Action First’. The Australasian Journal of Philosophy 91 (2013), pp. 705-718.
- ‘The Most General Mental Act’. Forthcoming in M. Brent (ed.), Mental Action and the Conscious Mind (Routledge).
- Review of Brennan, Eriksson, Goodin, and Southwood, “Explaining Norms” (Oxford University Press, 2013). Mind 124 (2015): 612-616.
- 'Neo-Ryleanism about Self-Understanding'. Under review.
- 'The Priority of Intentional Action: From Developmental to Conceptual Priority'. Under review.
- ‘Collective Action and the Two-Way Power of Agency'.
- 'What is Reasoning?'