About Tel Aviv University
Combining worlds to make new ones
- No. 1 in research output among Israeli universities
- No. 1 in citation impact among Israeli universities
- No. 1 choice among Israeli students
- 15 international study programs
- Over 1,200 international students
- 2,000,000 people served in TAU's 17 affiliated hospitals
- 130 research centers and institutes
- 209 chairs
- 3,500 research projects each year
- 300,000 student volunteer hours annually
- 2 Oscar-nominated films in a row
Tel Aviv University (TAU) - Israel's largest and most comprehensive institution of higher learning - is home to over 30,000 students studying in nine faculties and over 125 schools and departments across the spectrum of sciences, humanities and the arts.
Situated in Israel's cultural, financial and technological capital, TAU shares Tel Aviv's unshakable spirit of openness and innovation – and boasts a campus life as dynamic and pluralistic as the metropolis itself. Tel Aviv the city and Tel Aviv the university are one and the same – a thriving Mediterranean center of diversity and discovery.
Consistently ranked in the top 20 in the world in terms of scientific citations and among the top 100 universities internationally, Tel Aviv University is also Israel's first choice for students, and its graduates are the most sought after by Israeli companies. Global in outlook and impact, TAU advances teaching and research that break down the walls between disciplines, striving to address the twenty-first century's most pressing challenges through bold, interdisciplinary solutions.