Ronit Purian, PhD, is TAU City Center's manager. She is interested in the behavioural, social and public aspects of technology management and information systems; data mining, and the design of complex systems.
Dr. Ronit Purian
Ph.D. in Technology Management and Information Systems (2007-2010)
Faculty of Management, Tel Aviv University
Dissertation: "Technophilia: from Entertainment to Productivity and E-Government – a New Multilevel Concept for Technology Adoption". Supervisors: Niv Ahituv and Phillip Ein-Dor.
M.A. in Psychology – Psychobiology (1995-1999)
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University
Thesis: "On Learning to Read and its Difficulties: Artificial Orthographic Tests". Supervisor: Uri Hadar.
B.A. in Psychology and Multidisciplinary-Cognitive Studies (1991-1994)
Department of Psychology and Faculty of Humanities, Tel Aviv University
Awards and Prizes
- How Should the Completeness and Quality of Curated Nanomaterial Data Be Evaluated? (2016). Nanoscale, issue 19. Co-authored with a group of European and US researchers. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C5NR08944A
- Purian, R. (2015). Size Tackles Quality: Insights from a Simple E-Government Evaluation Index. Proceedings of the AIS SIGPRAG on Practice-based Design and Innovation of Digital Artifacts. http://media.sigprag.net/2015/12/Purian-E-government-evaluation-index.pdf
- Purian, R. (2014). A Decade of E-Government Indexes: The Emerging Mode of Participative Communication. An International Journal on Information Technology, Action, Communication and Workpractices, Special issue on Government – citizen communication through the web, Vol. 8, No. 1. www.sysiac.org/?pageId=43
- Purian, R. (2012). Service quality and trust in e-government: Utilizing the rich measures of system usage to predict trustworthiness. UK Academy for Information Systems Conference Proceedings 2012. 37. http://aisel.aisnet.org/ukais2012/37
- Purian, R., Ahituv, N. and Ashkenazy, A. (2012). The richness of barriers to public participation: Multi-layered system of real estate data from multiple sources. MCIS 2012 Proceedings. 17. http://aisel.aisnet.org/mcis2012/17
- Purian, R. (2011). Value of Information in the Network: The Change in Pragmatic and Ethical Criteria. MCIS 2011 Proceedings. 107. http://aisel.aisnet.org/mcis2011/107
- Purian, R. (2011). Technophilia: A New Model For Technology Adoption. UK Academy for Information Systems Conference Proceedings 2011. 41. http://aisel.aisnet.org/ukais2011/41
- Purian, R., Ahituv, N. and Ein-Dor, P. (2010). Evaluating and Ranking Local E-Government Services. MCIS 2010 Proceedings. 68. http://aisel.aisnet.org/mcis2010/68
- Purian, R. (2010). Indexing and theorizing local e-government. UK Academy for Information Systems Conference Proceedings 2010. 35. http://aisel.aisnet.org/ukais2010/35
Smart Cities – International TAU summer course: https://urban.tau.ac.il/events/Course_2018