1. Realistic Utopias: The Ideal Imaginary Societies of the Renaissance,Oxford University Press, 1982, 180pp.
2. with Elie Barnavi, Le Périple de Francesco Pucci: Utopie, hérésie et vérité religieuse dans la Renaissance tardive, Hachette,Paris, 1988, 280 pp.
3. Renaissance Impostors and Proofs of Identity, Palgrave Macmillan; 2012, 291 pp.
1. The "Discovery" of America and its Historical Significance, Israel Ministry of Defense Press, Tel Aviv, 1992, 112 pp. (in Hebrew)
2. The Protestant Reformation, Israel Ministry of Defense Press, Tel Aviv, 1997, 111 pp. (in Hebrew)
3. The Printing Revolution,Israel Ministry of Defense Press, Tel Aviv, 2000, 132 pp. (in Hebrew)
4. Satan’s Renaissance: Early Modern Persecutions (in preparation, in Hebrew)
1. "If You Will It, It Is No Fairy-Tale: The First Jewish Utopias", The Jewish Journal of Sociology, Vol. 35, Dec. 1983, pp. 85-103
2. "Secret Societies, Utopias and Peace Plans: The Case of Francesco Pucci", The Journal of Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Fall 1984, pp. 139-158
3. "Grand Designs: The Peace Plans of the Late Renaissance", Vivarium, vol. 27, 1989, pp. 51-76
4. “Invented Identities: Credulity in the Age of Prophecy and Exploration”, Journal of Early Modern History, Vol. 3, no. 3, August 1999, pp. 203-232.
5. “On Ruffs and High Heels: Renaissance Sumptuary Laws”, Historia, 11, February 2003, pp. 47-68 (in Hebrew)
6. “Prince or Pauper? Impostors and Dupes in Early-Modern Europe”, Zmanim, 83, Summer 2003, pp. 14-27 (in Hebrew)
Chapters in Books:
1. "Realistic Utopias from More to Campanella", in Utopias and Communes (ed. A. Yassur),Haifa, 1981, pp. 17-26 (in Hebrew)
2. "Metamorphoses of the Scientist in Utopias: A Comment", in The Prism of Science, (ed. E. Ullmann-Margalit),Dordrecht, 1986, pp. 17-20
3. "Universal Peace for the Benefit of Trade: The Vision of Émeric Crucé", in Religion, Ideology and Nationalism in Europe and America: Essays Presented in Honor of Yehoshua Arieli, (eds., H. Ben Israel et al.),Jerusalem, 1986, pp. 29-44
4. “The New World – Utopia or Paradise Lost?”, in Following Columbus,Jerusalem, 1996, pp. 117-126 (in Hebrew).
5.. “Vagabonds or Vermin: Attitudes to Gypsies in Early Modern Europe”, in Miriam Eliav-Feldon, Benjamin Isaac, Joseph Ziegler (eds.), The Origins of Racism in the West, Cambridge University Press, 2009, pp. 276-291.
6. "Between Utopia and Satan's Realm: A Short Tour in Renaissance Europe", in A Festschrift for Zvi Yekutiel, forthcoming (in Hebrew)
7. "Introduction", in Miriam Eliav-Feldon and Tamar Herzig (eds.), Dissimulation and Deceit in Early Modern Europe, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, pp. 1-8.
1. (English Edition Editor), A Historical Atlas of the Jewish People,Hutchinson,London, 1992 (General Editor: Elie Barnavi).
2. (Editor), Following Columbus: America 1492-1992, Merkaz Shazar and The Historical Society ofIsrael,Jerusalem, 1996, 552 pp. (in Hebrew).
3. (Editor and Academic Adviser), A Journey to the Past: From the Middle Ages to the Modern Era, A school text book, Tel-Aviv, 1997 (in Hebrew)
4. (Hebrew Edition Editor), Eugene F. Rice, Jr. & Anthony Grafton, The Foundations of Early Modern Europe 1460-1559 (Ramot –TelAvivUniversity), 2000.
5. (Hebrew Edition Editor & Translator), Natalie Zemon Davis, The Return of Martin Guerre, Tel Aviv, 2001
6. (Editor, with Yitzhak Hen) Women, Children and the Elderly: Essays in Honour of Shulamit Shahar, Merkaz Shazar, Jerusalem, 2001, 185 pp. (in Hebrew)
7. (Hebrew Edition Editor & Translator), Judith C. Brown, Immodest Acts: The Life of a Lesbian Nun in Renaissance Italy, Tel Aviv, 2002
8. (Chief Editor) Zmanim, A Historical Quarterly published by Tel-Aviv School of History, The Open University and Merkaz Shazar, (since 2003; issues 85 – to present).
9. (Scientific editor of Hebrew edition), Tommaso Campanella, La città del Sole, Nahar Books, Binyamina 2006.
10. (Scientific editor of Hebrew edition), Robert Darnton, George Washington’s False Teeth: An Unconventional Guide to the Eighteenth Century, Tel-Aviv 2007.
11. (Editor, with Benjamin Isaac and Joseph Ziegler), The Origins of Racism in the West, Cambridge University Press, 2009.
12. (Editor, with Tamar Herzig), Dissimulation and Deceit in Early Modern Europe, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.