Senior Lecturer, School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Eyal Rosen
Dr. Rosen received his D.M.D degree, and completed an advanced specialty graduate program in endodontics, at Tel-Aviv University School of Dental Medicine. He is an Israeli board certified endodontic specialist.
Dr. Rosen is the editor-in-chief of the Springer-Nature international journal Evidence-Based Endodontics, and the editor of several scientific books in the field of dentistry and endodontics.
Dr. Rosen completed a post-doctoral fellowship at Harvard Medical School in Boston (2005-07). He was a faculty member at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, and is currently a senior lecturer at the department of endodontology, Tel-Aviv university school of dental medicine.
His endodontic research interests focus on endodontic complications, microbial biofilms that are involved in endodontic diseases, and evidence-based decision making in endodontics. He presented his research findings in peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and international scientific congresses
1. I. Tsesis, E. Rosen, D. Schwartz-Arad, Z. Fuss
Retrospective evaluation of surgical endodontic treatment: traditional vs. modern
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 32, 2006 (pp. 412-416).
2. D.M. Black, M.L. Bouxsein, L. Palermo, J.A. McGowan, D.C. Newitt, E. Rosen,
S. Majumdar, C.J. Rosen.
Randomized trial of once-weekly parathyroid hormone (1-84) on bone mineral
density and remodeling
Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.Vol. 93, 2008 (pp. 2166-72).
3. S. Pozzi, S. Vallet, S. Mukherjee, D. Cirstea, N. Vaghela, L. Santo, E. Rosen,
H. Ikeda, Y. Okawa, T. Kiziltepe, J. Schoonmaker, W. Xie, T. Hideshima,
E.Weller, M.L. Bouxsein, N.C. Munshi, K.C. Anderson, N. Raje
High-dose zoledronic acid impacts bone remodeling with effects on osteoblastic
lineage and bone mechanical properties.
Clinical Cancer Research Vol. 15, 2009 (pp. 5829-39).
4. I. Tsesis, V. Faivishevsky, A. Kfir, E. Rosen
Outcome of Surgical Endodontic Treatment Performed by a Modern Technique:
A Meta-analysis of Literature
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 35, 2009 (pp. 1505-11)
5. I. Tsesis, E. Rosenberg, V. Faivishevsky, A. Kfir, M. Katz, E. Rosen
Prevalence and associated periodontal status of teeth with root perforation: a
retrospective study of 2002 patients' medical records
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 36, 2010 (pp. 797-800)
6. N. Givol, E. Rosen, S. Taicher, I. Tsesis
Risk management in endodontics
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 36, 2010 (pp. 982-4)
7. I. Tsesis, E. Rosen, A. Tamse, S. Taschieri, A. Kfir
Diagnosis of vertical root fractures in endodontically treated teeth based on
clinical and radiographic indices: a systematic review
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 36, 2010 (pp. 1455-8)
8. N. Givol, E. Rosen, L. Bjørndal, S. Taschieri, R. Ofec, I. Tsesis
Medico-legal aspects of altered sensation following endodontic treatment: a
retrospective case series.
Oral Surgury Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology and Endodontology
Vol. 112, 2011 (pp. 126-31.)
9. I. Tsesis, E. Rosen, A. Tamse, S. Taschieri, M. Del Fabbro
Effect of guided tissue regeneration on the outcome of surgical endodontic
treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 37, 2011 (pp. 1039-45)
10. E. Rosen, I. Tsesis, A. Tamse, L. Bjørndal, S. Taschieri, N. Givol
Medico-legal aspects of vertical root fractures in root filled teeth.
International Endodontic Journal Vol. 45, 2012 (pp. 7-11)
11. I. Tsesis, E. Rosen, S. Taschieri, Y. Telishevsky, V. Ceresoli, M. Del Fabbro
Outcomes of surgical endodontic treatment performed by a modern technique: an updated meta-analysis of the literature.
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 39, 2013 (pp. 332-9)
12. I. Tsesis, T. Goldberger, S. Taschieri, M. Seifan, A. Tamse, E. Rosen.
The dynamics of periapical lesions in endodontically treated teeth that are left without intervention: a longitudinal study.
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 39, 2013 (pp. 1510-5)
13. S. Corbella, M. Del Fabbro, A. Tamse, E. Rosen, I. Tsesis, S. Taschieri
Cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) for the diagnosis of vertical root fractures: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis
Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology and Endodontology. Vol. 118, 2014 (pp. 593-602)
14. E. Rosen, H. Azizi, C. Friedlander, S. Taschieri, I. Tsesis
Radiographic identification of separated instruments retained in the apical third of root canal filled teeth
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 40, 2014 (pp. 1549-52)
15. E. Rosen, S. Taschieri, M. Del Fabbro, I. Beitlitum, I. Tsesis
The Diagnostic Efficacy of Cone-beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics:
Systematic Review and Analysis by a Hierarchical Model of Efficacy.
Journal of Endodontics Vol. 41, 2014 (pp. 1008-14)
16. I. Tsesis, T. Blazer, G. Ben-Izhack, S. Taschieri, M. Del Fabbro, S. Corbella, E. Rosen.
The Precision of Electronic Apex Locators in Working Length Determination: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of the Literature.
Journal of Endodontics, Vol. 41, 2015 (pp. 1818-23)
17. I. Tsesis, E. Rosen, L. Dubinsky, A. Buchner, M. Vered.
Metaplastic Changes in the Epithelium of Radicular Cysts: a Series of 711 Cases.
Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry, Vol. 8, 2016 (pp. 529–533)
18. E. Rosen, I. Beitlitum, A. Tamse, S. Taschieri, I. Tsesis.
Implant- associated vertical root fracture in adjacent endodontically treated teeth: a case series and a systematic review
Journal of Endodontics, Vol. 42, 2016 (pp. 948-52)
19. E. Rosen, T. Goldberger, S. Taschieri, M. Del-Fabbro, S. Corbella, I. Tsesis.
The prognosis of altered sensation after extrusion of root canal filling materials: a systematic review of the literature.
Journal of Endodontics, Vol. 42, 2016 (pp. 873-9)
20. E. Rosen, N. Blau Venezia1, H. Azizi, K. Kamburoglu, A. Meirowitz, T. Ziv-Baran, I. Tsesis.
A comparison of Cone Beam Computed Tomography to periapical radiography in the detection of separated instruments retained in the apical
third of root canal filled teeth.
Journal of Endodontics, Vol. 42, 2016 (pp. 1035-9)
21. S. Corbella, S. Taschieri, F. Mannocci, E. Rosen, I. Tsesis, M. Del Fabbro
Inferior alveolar nerve block for the treatment of teeth presenting with irreversible pulpitis: A systematic review of the literature and
Quintessence International, 2016
22. M. Del Fabbro, S. Corbella, P. Sequeira-Byron, I. Tsesis, E. Rosen, A. Lolato, S. Taschieri
Endodontic procedures for retreatment of periapical lesions.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016
23. E. Rosen, I. Tsesis, S. Elbahary, N. Storzi, I. Kolodkin-Gal
Eradication of Enterococcus faecalis biofilms on human dentin.
Frontiers in Microbiology, Vol. 7, 2016
24. I. Tsesis, S. Elbahary , N. Blau-Venezia, E. Rosen
Bacterial colonization in the apical part of extracted human teeth following root-end resection and filling: a confocal laser scanning microscopy
Clinical Oral Investigations 2017
25. E. Rosen, T. Goldberger, A. Tamse, C.E. Nemcovsky, S. Breslauer, I. Beitlitum, I. Tsesis
Implant-associated cracked teeth: case series.
Evidence-Based Endodontics, Vol. 2, 2017 (pp. 1-5)