Entitlement to Tuition Fee Funding
Students entitled to an exemption from the tuition fee at Tel Aviv University
Students forming part of the tenured academic staff or administrative staff of Tel Aviv University and also the members of their family (spouses and children) are entitled to an exemption from the tuition fee, subject to the provisions of the procedure on exemption from tuition fee and the provisions of the relevant employment regulations.
To arrange the entitlement to an exemption from payment of the tuition fee for studies at the University, the employee shall act as follows:
1. Members of the administrative staff – requesting an exemption for their own studies – will complete the application form for an exemption from the tuition fee, submit it for the signature of their superior and send it to the tuition fee unit in the Registration and Student Administration Division.
2. Members of the academic staff (not part of the members of the academic staff set forth in sections 6 and 7 below) – requesting an exemption in respect of their studies – will complete the application form for an exemption from the tuition fee and send it to the tuition fee unit in the Registration and Student Administration Division.
3. Any employees – requesting an exemption for the studies of a family member – will complete the application form for an exemption from the tuition fee and send it to the tuition fee unit in the Registration and Student Administration Division.
4. In the cases stipulated in sections 1-3 above, the employees shall submit the application form on the following dates:
A. New students – will submit the form upon receipt of a notice of acceptance to the University.
B. Continuing students – will submit the form during the month of July before the commencement of the academic year.
C. Students renewing their studies after a break – will submit the form immediately after submission of their application for renewal of their studies.
The exemption applies to students studying the following: bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, cumulative studies – degree 07, doctoral degree, teaching diploma, candidate for research student – degree 60, supplementary studies for a master’s degree – degree 03, gifted students admitted to studies in a special status before they have completed a matriculation certificate – degree 01, status 25.
The exemption also applies to University employees (does not apply to their family members) registered for individual courses in a special status – degree 01, 02.
The exemption does not apply to diploma studies and special programs not specified above.
5. Retired employees and their children – persons requesting an exemption from the tuition fee – will contact the registration and personnel control department in the Human Resources Division to find out entitlement and the procedure on implementation of the exemption.
6. Teachers and counsellors in clinical professions – reimbursement of the payment of the tuition fee for their studies or those of their relatives shall be carried out by means of the Faculty of Medicine.
7. Teaching aides, assistants and scholarship holders will sign a declaration of a member of the academic staff in the faculty before enrollment for courses and will send the signed academic staff member declaration by email to email@example.com. Entitlement to an exemption from the tuition fee is determined according to the procedure on exemption from the tuition fee.
Students who have benefited from an exemption from the tuition fee in the previous year or students identified by an automated system, who received the installments page, with the amount of the first installment being determined proportionately to the amount of exemption from the tuition fee. Where such students do not furnish the application form as explained above, the following installments they receive will include the full tuition fee.
In case of external budget programs (program for directors) – please contact the Human Resources Division to check entitlement to an exemption.
It is hereby brought to the attention of the University’s employees that according to the income tax regulations, they are liable to tax in respect of an exemption from tuition fees. The tax charge will be performed from the employee’s salary during the academic year, in several index-linked payments.