New post-doctoral scholarships
Starting October of 2018 Tel Aviv University will award post-doctoral scholarships to young researchers.
Tel Aviv University offers Post-Doctoral scholarships for one year from October 2018 for new Post-Docs who are at the beginning of their academic career.
The amount of the scholarship per year is about NIS 68,000. Half of the scholarship will be financed by the advisor and half by the university or by the Pikovsky Valazzi Fund.
The scholarship will be granted for one year.
The university will grant 20 scholarships on the basis of matching for new Post-Docs. Ten out of the 20 scholarships will be granted to Post-Docs from leading universities abroad.
Pikovsky Valazzi Scholarship:
The Pikovsky Valazzi fund will grant one scholarship on the basis of matching for new Post-Docs.
The scholarship will be offered for research in the fields of applied electronics, biotechnology, and applied physics, which should be suitable for application and use in science based industries.
The research will be conducted during a period of one year, under the supervision of a senior lecturer of TAU's academic staff. The fellow will not be considered a university employee, and will leave the research group at the end of the fellowship (an extention of the fellowship for an additional period will be possible only if funded by the supervisor).
Each supervisor may submit one candidate only.
Eligible to apply:
- New fellows only, that by the deadline of the bid will be awarded the PhD degree, or have submitted their thesis and can provide authorization.
- Post-Docs at TAU that began their fellowship after April 1, 2018.
- Not more than five years have passed from the time the PhD has been approved and the beginning of the fellowship (October, 2018).
Not eligible to apply:
- Tel Aviv University PhD graduates (unless they completed a post-doctoral fellowship elsewhere).
- Tel Aviv University employees.
Supporting Documents (must be submitted in one hard copy to Research Students Office – Senate Building, room 215):
- An authorization that the candidate is entitled to a PhD degree noting the date it was awarded, or an administrative authorization that the doctoral thesis was forwarded to the referees.
- A letter from the head of the department (at Tel Aviv University).
- A letter from the advisor (at Tel Aviv University), including a commitment to finance the matching scholarship
- Three letters of recommendation (including a letter from the PhD supervisor and if possible, one from a University other than where the PhD was granted)
- A short research proposal (1-2 pages)
- A list of publications
- Curriculum vitae
- An application form
The application form and all the supporting documents must be received no later than April 22, 2018.
More detailes are available at the Post. Doc at TAU website.
Research Students Office: Tel. No.: 03-6408161