Convergence: New Paths to Discovery
To enable the very best researchers from widely differing fields to dream, question, explore and rethink our world – together. Interdisciplinary studies today are the bedrock for life-changing inventions tomorrow.
What’s in it for Donors?
- Simply: Will support Israel and the Jewish people’s biggest strength – the mind.
- Will deepen understanding of multi-dimensional & universal problems that require broad expertise and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Will nurture Israel’s next generation of scientific risk-takers and thought leaders.
- Will reinforce the centrality of the humanities and critical thinking in academia and beyond.
- 31 interdisciplinary schools
- 400 advanced laboratories
- 12,725 master’s and doctoral students – 45% of the total student body
- $250 million in external, competitive research grant funding annually
- TAU ranks 1st in Israel among research universities according to the prestigious Times and Taiwan rankings.
- TAU launched the Climate Change Center, bringing together researchers from all nine faculties on campus – along with private, industry and government partners – to find practical solutions to the accelerating global climate crisis.
- In the continuing effort to reinstate the centrality of Humanities studies for all career seekers, TAU and the Mandel Foundation introduced compulsory Humanities courses for all incoming STEM students starting in 2021-22 – a first in Israel.
- Under the framework of the Center for AI and Data Science, TAU and Google launched a three-year program to promote multidisciplinary AI research for the benefit of society.
- The new, English language Cyber Program aims to enhance the cybersecurity aptitude of international graduate students looking to shape and secure the digital world amid rapid social, political and economic changes.