New Paths to Discovery
To enable the very best researchers from widely differing fields to dream, question, explore and rethink our world – together. Interdisciplinary studies today are the bedrock for life-changing inventions tomorrow.
- Will support Israel and the Jewish people’s biggest strength – the mind.
- Will deepen understanding of multi-dimensional & universal problems that require broad expertise and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Will nurture Israel’s next generation of scientific risk-takers and thought leaders.
- Will reinforce the centrality of the humanities and critical thinking in academia and beyond.
- 31 interdisciplinary schools
- 400 advanced laboratories
- 12,750 master’s and doctoral students – 45% of total student body
- $220 million in external, competitive research grant funding annually
- TAU ranks 1st in Israel among research universities according to the prestigious QS, Times and Taiwan rankings.
- TAU held the world’s first live international Twitter conference on biology from any angle, including the arts, in February 2020.
- Due to the tremendous success of its Humanities in Engineering Program, the Mandel Foundation expanded it this year with a $2.5 million gift to include honors students from Exact Sciences and Life Sciences.
- TAU launched the Center for Quantum Science and Technology, bringing together 20 research groups from across the sciences and engineering.