Environment: Israel as Green Superpower
Tel Aviv University is addressing the world's most pressing environmental challenges through pioneering research and innovative technologies
TAU is the national leader in environmental, ecological, biodiversity and conservation research, and is the only university in Israel to have a natural history museum and a research zoo. The graduate-level Porter School of Environmental Studies is advancing environmental knowledge and technology, training the next generation of Israeli environmental innovators. TAU's Center for Renewable Energy is trailblazing R&D in the field, with over 100 patents ranging from energy conversion technologies to lightweight low-cost batteries to solar cogeneration. TAU is also Israel’s principal center for biodiversity and conservation education, providing scientific enrichment to over 10,000 citizens annually through its Nature Campus program.
Help expand TAU's research and teaching efforts, and bolster Israel's standing as one of the world's most innovative environmental pioneers.
Want more info? Connect to your local Friends Association
Academic Units, Centers & Facilities
- Porter School of Environmental Studies
- Steinhardt Museum of Natural History and Israel National Center for Biodiversity Studies
- Center for Renewable Energy
- I. Meier Segals Garden for Zoological Research
- Manna Center for Plant Biosciences
- Botanical Gardens
- Institute for Cereal Crops Improvement
- TAU Annual Report 2013 - 'Earth Water Air Fire Life'
- TAU Review 2008 - 'Releasing Energy from Nature'
Selected online articles & galleries
- Expert Analysis: Ensuring the World's Food Supply
- Driving Change for an Independent Future
- CleanTech Solutions
- Predicting Wave Power
- Tracking Pollution in the Holy Land
- Water Revolution
- Steinhardt Building gallery