List of Publications (41)
(Major Keywords attached to each title)
- Ph.D. Thesis and Books
- English Titles of my Hebrew Articles
- Articles in English and in German
- Articles Accepted for Publication
Ph.D. Thesis and Books-- English Titles of Hebrew Books
1. Lurianic Kabbalah Redemption in the Lurianic Teaching, Dissertation supervised by Prof. Moshe Idel, Hebrew University, 1988 (Hebrew).
For a digital copy see - https://telaviv.academia.edu/RonitMeroz
2. Zohar The Pearl, the Matza and the Fish - The Spiritual Biography of Rashbi, Mossad Bialik, Jerusalem, in print (Hebrew)
3. Zohar New Developments in Zohar Studies, Te'uda 21-22 (2007), edited by R. Meroz, The Chaim Rosenberg School of Jewish Studies, Tel-Aviv University (568 pp., Hebrew).
For a review of this book by Assaf Nabbaro press here (Hebrew).
4. Zohar, Hassidism (and much more) Maren R. Niehoff, Ronit Meroz and Jonathan Garb (ed.), And This is for Yehuda: Studies Presented to our Friend, Professor Yehuda Liebes, on the Occasion of his Sixty-Fifth Birthday, Mossad Bialik, Jerusalem 2012 (Hebrew).
For more details please press here. Festschrift-Liebes-Contents (English Titles of all aritcles).
5. Zohar Headwaters of the Zohar – Research and Editions of Zohar, Exodus, The Haim Rubin Tel Aviv University Press, Tel Aviv (Hebrew), in print.
English Titles of my Hebrew Articles (ordered by publication time, starting with the earliest one)
(for their Hebrew titles and for many of the e-offprints see my Hebrew site)
1. Lurianic Kabbalah 'Or Hagganuz by R. Abraham Azulai , Kiryat Sefer 60 (1985), pp. 310–324.
2. Kabbalah in Safed 'The circle of R. Moshe be Makhir and Its Regulations', Pe'amim 31 (1987), pp. 40–61.
3. Lurianic Kabbalah 'Selections from Ephraim Penzieri: Luria's Sermon in Jerusalem and the Kavanah in Taking Food', in: R. Elior & J. Dan (ed.), Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on the History of Jewish Mysticism – Lurianic Kabbalah, Jerusalem Studies in Jewish Thought 10 (1992), pp. 211–258.
4. The Kabbalah of Saruq 'R. Yisrael Sarug – Luria's Disciple; A Research Controversy Reconsidered', Da'at 28 (1992), pp. 41–50.
5. Lurianic Kabbalah 'Early Lurianic Writings' in: M. Oron and A Goldreich (ed.), Massu'ut – Ephraim Gottlieb Memorial Volume, Tel-Aviv 1994, pp. 311–338.
6. The Kabbalah of Saruq 'An Anonymous Commentary on Idra Raba by a Member of the Saruq School', R. Elior & J. Dan (ed.), Rivkah Shatz–Uffenheimer Memorial Volume, Jerusalem Studies in Jewish Thought 12 (1996), pp. 307–378.
7. Zohar 'Messiah Right Now? – Different Positions towards Messianism in the Book of Zohar', D. Kerem & A. Zion (ed.), The Variety of Ideas in Hebrew Culture (Beginning and End), 2000, pp. 59-72.
8. The Kabbalah of Saruq 'The Saruq School of Kabbalists: A New Historical Interpretation', Shalem 7 (2001), pp. 151–193.
9. Zacuto, Sabbatean Movement, Afterlife, Hell 'Rabbi Moses Zacuto Allusions in Tofteh Aruch', Pe'amim 96 (2003), pp. 107–119 Abstract
10. Zohar 'The Chariot of Ezekiel: an Unknown Zoharic Commentary', Te'uda 16–17 (2001), pp. 567-616.
11. Zohar '"And I Was Not There?": The Complaints of Rabbi Simeon bar Yohai according to an Unknown Story of the Zohar', Tarbiz 71 (2002), pp. 163-193. Abstract
12. The Book Bahir, Banylonian Vocalization System, Babylonian Jewry, Beginning of Kabbalah
'On the Time and Place of Some Paragraphs of Sefer Ha-Bahir', Da'at 49 (2002), pp. 137–180. Abstract
13. The Book Bahir, Zohar 'A Passage Attributed to the Book Bahir', Kabbalah – Journal for the Study of Jewish Mystical Texts 7 (2002), pp. 319-326.
14. 'The Good, the Bad and the Mistaken - Water in Jewish Mysticism', D. Kerem & A. Zion (ed.), The Variety of Ideas in Hebrew Culture (Water), 2003, pp. 85-93.
15. Kabbalah in Safed 'Spiritual Life in the 16th Century Safed', Ariel 157–158 (2003), pp. 28–90.
16. Zohar 'The Weaving of a Myth: An Analysis of Two Stories in the Zohar, in: H. Kreisel (ed.), Study and Knowledge in Jewish Thought, Beer-Sheva 2006, Volume 2, pp. 167-205.
17. Zohar, Tikunei Zohar, Raaya Mehemana, R. Joseph Angelet, Symbolism of the Sephirot, Symbolism of Lambs and Goats, Story of the Creation, Breaking of the Vessels, Womb and Abortion In Creaton Story, Joachim di Fiore, The Ten Martyrs, The Biblical Figure of Joseph, Jewish Messianism.
'R. Joseph Angelet and his "Zoharic Writings"', in: R. Meroz (ed.), New Developments in Zohar Studies, Te'uda 21-22 (2007), pp. 303-404. Abstract
18. Zohar, Lurianic Kabbalah 'The Desire to Receive – Desire, Passive and Active Attitudes in Kabbalistic Literature', in: Sh. Biderman & R. Lazar (ed.), Desire, Tel-Aviv 2007, pp. 116-140.
19. Zohar 'The Writing of the Zoharic Sitrei Tora – R. Ya'akov Sha"s and His Co-writers', Kabbalah 22 (2011), vol. 1, pp. 253–281.
20. Zohar 'Kabbalah, Science and Pseudo-Science in Ramdal's Commentary on the Thirteen Attributes, in: Maren R. Niehoff, Ronit Meroz and Jonathan Garb (ed.), And This is for Yehuda: Studies Presented to our Friend, Professor Yehuda Liebes, on the Occasion of his Sixty-Fifth Birthday, Mossad Bialik, Jerusalem 2012, pp. 123–143
21. Zohar 'The Initiation of R. Hiyya – Two Versions of a Zoharic Story', in: A. Lipsker and R. Kushelevsky (ed.), Studies in Jewish Narrative (Ma'asse Sippur), vol. 3, Ramat-Gan 2013, pp. 116-163. (in Hebrew). Abstract
22. Zohar 'An Old Man, a Child and a Princess in the Floating Tower: Tikunei Zohar as an Encoded Ego-Document', Zemanim 123 (2013), pp. 94-107.
Articles in English and in German (ordered by publication time, starting with the earliest one)
(for more e-offprints see my Hebrew site)
I Lurianic Kabbalah "'Zelem' (Image) and Medicine in the Lurianic Teaching According to the Writing of R. Hayim Vital", Koroth 8, (1982), pp.170-177.
II Lurianic Kabbalah "Faithful Transmission Versus Innovation: Luria and his Disciples", P. Schaefer & J. Dan (ed.), Gershom Scholem’s Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism - 50 Years After, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on the History of Jewish Mysticism, Tuebingen, 1993.
III The Kabbalah of Saruq "Contrasting opinions among the Founders of Saruq’s School", in: P. Fenton & R. Goetscel (ed.), Expérience, Écriture et Théologie dans le Judaïsme et les Religions du Livre, Université de Paris-Sorbonne, 2000, pp. 191-202.
IV Zohar "Zoharic Narratives and their Adaptations", Hispania Judaica 3 (2001), pp. 3-63.
V Zohar "Der Aufbau des Buches Sohar", PaRDeS: Zeitschrift der Vereinigung für Jüdischen Studien e.V., II (2005), pp. 16-36.
VI The Book Bahir "'The Middle Eastern Origins of Kabbalah", The Journal for the Study of Sephardic and Mizrahi Jewry, February 2007, pp. 39-56,
VII The Book Bahir "A Journey of Initiation in the Babylonian Layer of Sefer ha-Bahir", Studia Hebraica 7 (2007), pp. 17–33.
Meroz-Initiation in the Bahir-full text and abstract
VIII Sefer Yezirah, Creation Myths, Wisdom Literature, Origins of Kabbalah, Sephirot Symbolism, Magic
"Between Sefer Yezirah and Wisdom Literature: Three Binitarian Approaches in Sefer Yezirah", Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies (JSRI), 18 (2007), pp. 101–142. For a printout press here: http://jsri.ro/ojs/index.php/jsri/article/view/458/456 Abstract
IX Zohar "The Path of Silence: An Unknown Story from a Zohar Manuscript", The European Journal of Jewish Studies, 1, 2 (2008), pp. 319-342.
X Zohar "The Story in the Zohar about the Grieving Dead", in: Nathanael Riemer (ed.), Between Heaven and Earth – Festschrift on the Occasion of the 70th Birthday of Karl E. Grözinger, Harrassowitz Publishing house, Wiesbaden, February/March 2012, pp. 43-54.
XI Zohar "Is the Taking of Damietta Alluded to in a Zoharic Story?" Jewish Studies Quarterly (JSQ, Princeton), 20 (2013), pp. 33-60.
Offprint - http://www.mohr.de/en/journals/jewish-studies/jewish-studies-quarterly-jsq/current-issue.html Abstract
XII Zohar R. Meroz & J. Weiss, 'The Source of Guillaume Postel’s 1553 Zohar Latin Translation,' Renaissance Studies 29 (2015), pp. 247-260.
Articles Accepted for Publication
i. Zohar "The Archaeology of the Zohar – Sifra Dizniuta as a Sample Text", in: A. Rapoport-Albert, W. Smelik, et. al. (eds.), Late Aramaic: The Linguistic and Literary Context of the Zohar. Vol. 2: Proceedings of the Final Project Conference (IJS Studies in Judaica; Leiden), forthcoming.
ii. Zohar 'The Literary Unit "Rashbi's Life" within the context of the Epic Stratum in the Zohar", in: Y Liebes, M. Helner-Eshed and Y. ben Harosh (ed.), The Zoharic Story, Yad ben Zvi, Jerusalem, forthcoming.