To ensure that R&D conducted on campus continues to be translated into real-world products and services benefiting Israel and the world.
What’s in it for donors?
- Will secure the future of our children.
- Will transform lab discoveries into cures, diagnostics, anti-pollution devices, renewable fuels, defense technologies, electronics and more.
- Will support vital Israeli national priorities and help maintain the country’s global edge.
- Will increase TAU and Israel’s practical contribution to universal crises such as disease, natural disasters, sustainability and security.
- Will spin off companies and create jobs, thereby strengthening the national economy.
- 60 active start-up companies
- Over 70 industrial partners
- Ranks 1st in Israel for US patents (2018 NAI & IPO)
- 8th among the top 10 schools globally for producing successful, VC-backed founders of companies (Pitchbook 2019)
- The City of Tel Aviv ranks 6th globally for its startup ecosystem out of 150 cities (2019 Startup Genome)
- Seven of 12 Israeli inventions and companies cited by the Times of Israel as changing the world in the last decade originated with TAU professors and alumni. These include Waze, Iron Dome, SpaceIL moonshot, Mobileye and the first-ever 3D printed live heart.
- TAU launched the $3.5 million Adama Center for Novel Delivery Systems in Crop Protection, donated by an Israeli agrochemical firm.
- TAU’s BLAVATNIK CENTER for Drug Discovery won a government grant to develop a heart-repairing drug for cardiac patients together with Ichilov Hospital.
- Fighting global warming! A TAU greenhouse gas-removing method will be developed jointly with a Michigan gas company under the US-Israel Binational Industrial Research and Development (BIRD) Energy program.