Information Technology and Computing Division
The purpose of the Computer and Information Technology Division is to enable groundbreaking research, advanced teaching and digital administrative services by leveraging information technologies and technological innovation to serve the employees and students of Tel Aviv University.
Infrastructure and Operations unit
The Infrastructure and Operations unit is responsible for all Tel Aviv University central computing infrastructure, including planning, purchasing, deployment, integration and day-to-day operations.
The unit provides advanced, innovative, flexible and future looking computing infrastructure, meeting the needs of research, teaching and administrative computing of today and tomorrow. Reliability and service, continuity and operational excellence is at the core of the Infrastructure and Operations Unit motto.
Below is a partial list of the main infrastructure services provided by the the unit:
- Communication infrastructure (wired and wireless)
- Information security infrastructure
- E-Mail and collaboration infrastructure
- Central computing infrastructure (Production, Hosting, DR & VDI)
- Central storage infrastructure
- TAU identity management infrastructure
- SQL (databases) infrastructure for information systems
- ISP services for staff (ADSL/Cables)
- IP addresses allocation infrastructure
- Domain name resolution (DNS) infrastructure
Development & Information systems unit
The unit is responsible for the central information systems at the university.
The unit provides advanced information systems that support Teaching, research and administrative needs.
Main systems provided by the unit:
- A student administration system that constitutes a central infrastructure for candidates, students and lecturers for the management of academic studies and teaching
- Online Academic Learning - The "My Courses" portal coordinates all the computerized resources of the courses for students and lecturers
- A central, advanced and uniform web site platform for the management of the university's different units websites
- MyTAU portal, which is a gateway to all computerized services
- The ERP system is a comprehensive integrative system for the management of all university resources
- SALESFORCE system for managing customer relations and donor relations
- The Hilan system that handles pay and attendance
- Computer systems for university libraries
Service and Support Unit
The unit is responsible for providing service and support to the administrative units of the university, faculty and students.
The unit provides professional support and service in accordance with the needs of the University's academic and administration, in order to enable the continuous and proper work of the entire population that uses the university's computer services.
Among the service and support systems that the unit provides are:
- Professional HelpDesk
- CRM system for service requirements
- Personal computer technician for installation and handling of PC
- Multimedia recording of lessons and events
- Support and assistance in scientific software
- Support for Macintosh computers
Information Security Team
Tel Aviv University is committed to providing an environment that protects the privacy and security of information and electronic resources necessary to support our mission of research, teaching and public service. The Information Security unit is responsible for the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, guidelines, and guidance that focus on the protection of information and privacy across the University.
- Monitoring compliance and policies for information security
- Creating and managing risk assessment and penetration testing
- Auditing business recovery plan and backup plan
- Creating and delivering security awareness training programs
- Implementing and Maintaining defense from malware and malicious activities
- Managing Web application security tools and database security tools
- Ensuring security compliance of projects