The Raymond and Beverly Sackler International Prize in Biophysics
The Raymond and Beverly Sackler International Prize in Biophysics - Call for Nominations for the Year 2020
The Raymond and Beverly Sackler International Prize in Biophysics is a prize that has been established through the generosity of Dr. Raymond and Mrs. Beverly Sackler. The prize is given in the field of Physical Principles of Biological Systems. This year an amount of $50,000 will be presented to young investigators under the age of 45. The prize will be awarded to the recipient(s), in person, at Tel Aviv University.
The Sackler Prize is administered by Tel Aviv University through an advisory committee comprised of the President and Rector of TAU as ex-officio members and others who have been selected ad personam by the President and the Rector.
A selection panel composed of outstanding scientists in the field will be appointed, reflecting an international geographical diversity and including the Prize coordinators.
Nominations for the Sackler Prize can be made by individuals belonging to one or more of the following categories:
- Members of the TAU Senate and Members of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Presidents, Rectors, Vice-Presidents, Provosts, Deans in the Natural Sciences, Medicine & Engineering
- Professors in recognized institutions of higher learning and research in Israel and abroad
- Sackler Prize Laureates.
Candidates must be no more than 45 years old by January 10th, 2020 (i.e., born after January 10th, 1975) to be eligible.
The laureates are requested to visit the TAU campus for 3 days and to meet with faculty members and students.
Application deadline: January 10th, 2020.
- Application form
- Three to five letters of recommendation. We request that each recommender will only support a single nominee.
- Short Nominee's CV, up to 3 pages
- List of publications
- A brief research summary, up to 2 pages
- A link to the nominee's website
The prize will be awarded to the recipient(s), in person, at Tel Aviv University.
Members of TAU faculty are not eligible to receive the prize.
Self-nominations cannot be accepted.
Ms. Sharon Langer, The Sackler Prize Administrator, Raymond and Beverly Sackler School of Physics and Astronomy, Tel Aviv University, 30 Haim Levanon St., 6997801 Tel Aviv, Israel.
The prize coordinators are Professors Roy Beck, Haim Diamant, and David Sprinzak.