Laureates of the Raymond and Beverly Sackler International Prize in Biophysics
Call for Nominations for the Year 2017
The Raymond and Beverly Sackler International Prize in Biophysics is a prize that has been established through the generosity of Dr. Raymond and Mrs. Beverly Sackler.
The prize will be awarded to the recipient(s), in person, at Tel Aviv University.The prize is intended to promote originality and excellence of research in the field of Biophysics.
The Sackler Prize is administered by Tel Aviv University through an advisory committee comprised of the President and Rector of TAU as ex-officio members and others who have been selected ad personam by the President and the Rector.
The field for the Prize of the Year 2017 is:"Mesoscopic physics of cellular phenomena"
The prize coordinators are Professors David Andelman, Michael Kozlov, and Michael Urbakh.
A selection panel composed of outstanding scientists in the field will be appointed, reflecting an international geographical diversity and including the Prize coordinators. Nominations for the Sackler Prize can be made by individuals belonging to one or more of the following categories:
- Members of the TAU Senate and Members of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
- Presidents, Rectors, Vice-Presidents, Provosts, Deans in the Natural Sciences, Medicine & Engineering.
- Professors of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Medicine and Engineering in recognized institutions of higher learning and research in Israel and abroad.
- Sackler Prize Laureates.
Please note that:
- Candidates must be no more than 45 years old by January 1, 2017 (i.e., born after January 1, 1972) to be considered.
- The laureates are requested to visit the TAU campus for 3 days and to meet with faculty members and students.
- Members of TAU faculty are not eligible to receive the prize.
- Self-nominations cannot be accepted.
All nominations should be submitted by email and/or airmail before July 15th, 2017 to the following address:
Ms. Nina Elazar-Wolff, The Sackler Prize administrator, Raymond and Beverly Sackler School of Physics and Astronomy, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Tel Aviv, Israel. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We suggest that the support of each nomination includes at least three letters of recommendation, the nominee's C.V., list of publications, a brief research summary, a link to the nominee's website.