- Senior Lecturer, School of Public Health, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
- Sub-District Public Health Officer, Petah-Tikva Health Office, Central District, Ministry of Health (MOH), Israel
Dr. Eran Kopel
Dr. Kopel has been a public health physician & medical epidemiologist in the MOH since 2008. Since then, he has been a professional multidisciplinary enthusiast, focused mainly on the epidemiology of infectious diseases and cardiovascular medicine.
Dr. Kopel is a Public Health Specialist since 2012, and holds, since 2015, the Sub-District Public Health Officer position of the Petah-Tikva Health Office at the Central District of the MOH.
Dr. Kopel holds Medical Doctor (MD) & B.Med.Sc. degrees from the Faculty of Medicine of the Hadassah Medical Center and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, as well as a magna cum laude Master of Public Health (MPH) from the School of Public Health of the Sackler Faculty of Medicine in the Tel Aviv University. He has supervised several graduate students since 2015.
Click here to view Dr. Kopel's complete CV.
- The epidemiology and prevention of cardiovascular diseases, specifically ischemic heart disease, heart failure, and hypertension
- The epidemiology and prevention of infectious diseases (e.g. poliovirus)
- Population-based cohort studies of healthy and morbid populations (e.g. ACSIS, HFSIS, BIP surveys)
- Population-based cross-sectional surveys on public health issues (e.g. breastfeeding prevalence)
- Development and implementation of public health promotion programs at the population level (e.g. dietary assessment & recommendations for kindergartens, food safety in institutional kitchens)
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Kopel's Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Kopel E, Amitai Z, Bin H, Shulman LM, Mendelson E, Sheffer R. Surveillance of West Nile Virus Disease, Tel Aviv District, Israel, 2005 to 2010. Euro Surveill 2011; 16: pii=19894.
- Kopel E, Kivity S, Morag-Koren N, Segev S, Sidi Y. Relation of Serum Lactate Dehydrogenase to Coronary Artery Disease. Am J Cardiol 2012; 110: 1717-1722.
- Anis E, Kopel E, Singer SR, Kaliner E, Moerman L, Moran-Gilad J, Sofer D, Manor Y, Shulman LM, Mendelson E, Gdalevich M, Lev B, Gamzu R, Grotto I. Insidious reintroduction of wild poliovirus into Israel, 2013. Euro Surveill 2013; 18: pii=20586.
- Koifman E, Kopel E, Medvedovsky D, Maor E, Hamdan A, Goldenberg I, Klempfner R. Age-Dependent Effect of Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction on Long-Term Mortality in Patients with Heart Failure (From the Heart Failure Survey in ISrael [HFSIS]). Am J Cardiol 2013; 112: 1901-1906.
- Maor E, Kopel E, Sidi Y, Goldenberg I, Segev S, Kivity S. Effect of Mildly Attenuated Heart Rate Response during Treadmill Exercise Testing on Cardiovascular Outcome in Healthy Men and Women. Am J Cardiol 2013; 112: 1373-1378.
- Kivity S, Kopel E, Maor E, Abu-Bachar F, Segev S, Sidi Y, Olchovsky D. Association of Serum Uric Acid and Cardiovascular Disease in Healthy Adults. Am J Cardiol 2013; 111: 1146-1151.
- Kivity S, Kopel E, Steinlauf S, Segev S, Sidi Y, Olchovsky D. The association between serum uric acid and diabetes mellitus is stronger in women. J Womens Health 2013. 22: 782-789.
- Shlomai G, Kopel E, Goldenberg I, Grossman E. Temporal Trends in Management of Hypertension among Israeli Adults, 2002-2010 – Lesson from the Acute Coronary Syndromes Israeli Survey (ACSIS). J Am Soc Hypertens 2014; 8: 94-102.
- Kopel E, Klempfner R, Goldenberg I. Influenza vaccine and survival in acute heart failure. Eur J Heart Fail 2014; 16: 264-270.
- Klempfner R, Koifman E, Goldenberg I, Hamdan A, Tofler GH, Kopel E. The Israel Nationwide Heart Failure Survey: Sex differences in early and late mortality for hospitalized heart failure patients. J Card Fail 2014; 20: 193-198.