Since its founding Israel has progressed at an astounding pace, but equal access to education and other social resources remain a concern.
Tel Aviv University works to redress gaps in society through novel social investment initiatives.
- Forerunner in Israel in practical, socially oriented programs:
- Free legal clinics
- Institute for Local Government: Hands-on training for municipal leaders
- Gives disadvantaged groups access to a world-class university education
- Launched a plan to get all 5,000 undergraduates volunteering 200,000 hours per year for the benefit of 50,000 people in the community
- Initiated a revolution in university admission: Online courses to replace the standard university entrance exam
Latest Exciting Research:
Volunteerism: Led by Dean of Students Prof. Tova Most, TAU has launched a revolutionary program to get every undergraduate student learning about social leadership in required, accredited courses.
Music: A program run by TAU’s music school in collaboration with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra set up 15 orchestras for over 800 children from distressed and minority communities.
Government: Customized academic training of mayors and their deputies, steered by TAU’s Ophir Pines- Paz, former Minister of the Interior, is helping impoverished and peripheral cities in Israel become solvent and flourish.
To support or receive more information about one of these projects, please contact your local TAU Friends Association or TAU’s Development and Public Affairs Division at +972-3-640-8249 or email@example.com.