Israeli Global Edge
As a small, struggling country, Israel had to be inventive and stretch limited resources. Today, Israel is known as an innovation powerhouse.
Nothing represents this spirit of creativity, resourcefulness and inventiveness more than Tel Aviv University. But this is only the start.
- Graduates rank 8th in the world for producing VC-backed companies (PitchBook)
- 50% of Israel’s entrepreneurs are TAU graduates
- Among top 30 Business Schools (Eduniversal)
- Among top 100 Innovation universities (Reuters)
Entrepreneurship: In 2018, TAU was chosen by Israel’s government to establish an Entrepreneurship Center which will train students from all faculties and backgrounds to contribute to the next phase of the “startup nation.” The Center will work in tandem with TAU Ventures, the University’s startup incubator.
Defense Technology: Prof. Yossi Yovel, Zoology, and his team developed the first "robat," an autonomous bat-like robot, technology that the Israeli military is considering for rescue missions and navigation.
Nanomedicine: Prof. Tal Dvir, Microbiology, Materials Science & Nano, is creating personalized tissue implants from a patient’s own cells, which reduce the risk of organ rejection.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- TAU International, the University’s school for overseas students
- Check Point Building
- Entrepreneurship Center
- Lokey Graduate Business Center
- 3D Printing
To support or receive more information about one of these projects, please contact your local TAU Friends Association or TAU’s Development and Public Affairs Division at +972-3-640-8249 or email@example.com.