The humanities and arts encourage critical thinking and cultural dialogue, promote a vibrant democracy and strengthen diversity on campus and in civil society.
- Broad, pluralistic approach to the Humanities and Arts that includes underrepresented groups and involves the community
- Offers unique programs, such as cognition and consciousness (philosophy and psychology) and the new Engineering and Humanities Program
- Modern, inclusive approach to Jewish Studies–and a model for unity in the Jewish world
- Has defined Israel’s artistic discourse for 60 years—TAU graduates are among Israel’s top artists and art educators and hold key positions in cultural institutions
- Tisch Film and TV School among world’s top 15 film schools (Hollywood Reporter)
- 80% of feature films produced in Israel have involved TAU students or alumni
- Founder and organizer of the Tel Aviv International Student Film Festival—world’s largest and among most prestigious
Latest Exciting Research:
Jewish Studies: Dr. Guy Stiebel, Archeology, brings the latest in biological and exact science methods to paint a new and more complete picture of life on Masada and among the Romans who besieged it.
Theater: One of the leading programs of its kind in the world, TAU’s Community Theater track gives voice and helps empower and rehabilitate prison inmates, at-risk youth, battered women and other marginalized groups in society.
Language: An expert in the emerging field of neurolinguistics, Dr. Einat Shetreet, Humanities, uses brain imaging and eye-tracking to discover the relationship between language skills and other cognitive abilities in children and adults.
History: Prof. Dalit Rom-Shiloni, Biblical Studies, is introducing the world’s first and only free-access database on nature imagery in the Bible, an invaluable source for learning about the plants, animals, landscape and climate of the ancient world.
To support or receive more information about one of these projects, please contact your local TAU Friends Association or TAU’s Development and Public Affairs Division at +972-3-640-8249 or email@example.com